Failsafe hermetically sealed feedthrough solutions for nuclear, medical and laboratory glove boxes
To protect their operators or contents, glove boxes need reliable seals of electronics and fiber optics that are brought into the box. For decades, Douglas Electrical has been the go to manufacturer of hermetic electrical and fiber optic interconnects, cable feedthroughs and mating harnesses for lab gloveboxes for a range of applications, including inert atmosphere containment at nuclear sites and biohazard material handling in research labs.
The Douglas Advantage
- Designed and manufactured in the USA. ITAR-DDTC, DFARS and NIST compliant.
- DuctorSeal®, PotCon® and custom wire feedthrough designs are available for use in glove box system applications.
- Epoxy seals can withstand hot nuclear environments.
- Standard 4-6 week leadtime on custom products with expedite options available.
- Pushthrough feedthrough designs enable connectors or cables to be replaced without breaking the chamber seal or contaminating the outside environment.
- 100% electrically and hermetically tested for long-term performance.
- Traceability and Mill certs available upon request.
- Harnessing performed by IPC 620 certified operators.
- Ability to seal a wide variety of electrical connectors including MIL-C-38999, MIL-C-5015, d-subs, RJ45, USB, NEMA 5-15, BNC, SMA, and general plastic connectors.
- Ability to seal a wide variety of fiber optic connectors including LC, FC, MT, SC, SMC, SMA, ST
- Decades of success providing to most all American and Canadian government labs—including LANL, LLNL, PNNL, SRNL, Oak Ridge, Ames, CNL, INL, SLAC, Brookhaven, AECL and Fermi.
- Flex, rigid, hybrid and flat flex cable (FFC) styles
- Ideal for applications with space or weight constraints
- Allows for easy use of active and passive signal condition at the glovebox bulkhead