Robust hermetic seals for power and signal connections
Hermetic feedthroughs are an increasingly important enabling technology in a variety of alternative energy applications—including smart grids, wind turbines, wave power systems, lithium batteries, hybrid vehicles, alternative fuel vehicles, solar energy and magnetic bearing flywheels.
- Connector-to-wire feedthroughs using custom connectors and fused harnesses for smart grid infrastructures.
- Radial o-ring seals used for energy recovery in magnetic bearing flywheels.
- Magnetic bearing feedthroughs for wind turbines application.
- Hermetic vacuum seals for power and control cables in flywheel energy storage systems.
- Sealed electronic circuitry in wave and tidal power systems.
- Vacuum feedthroughs for photovoltaic panel manufacturing.
- Power transfer and performance monitoring for argon-filled lithium ion batteries.
PotCon®, DuctorSeal® cable harness assembly, CircuitSeal™, StudSeal™ and hybrid designs are all available for use in alternative energy systems.
- One hundred percent testing for leak and electrical performance.
- Custom engineered sealing systems tailored to specific application requirements.
- Pressure ranges from 1x10-9 Torr to 15,000psi.